Who wrote Brazil constitution?
The 1824 Constitution
Dom Pedro, son of João VI, convoked a constituent assembly to draft Brazil’s first constitution. One of the assembly’s first acts was to crown Dom Pedro I as Emperor and Perpetual Defender of Brazil.
Does Brazil’s constitution protect individuals?
(0) All persons are equal before the law, without any distinction whatsoever, and Brazilians and foreigners resident in Brazil are assured of inviolability of the right of life, liberty, equality, security, and property, on the following terms: … men and women have equal rights and duties under this Constitution; II.
Who are Brazil’s leaders?
Jair Bolsonaro is the 38th and current president. He was sworn in on 1 January 2019 following the 2018 presidential election.
Is Brazil a democracy or republic?
The politics of Brazil take place in a framework of a federal presidential representative democratic republic, whereby the President is both head of state and head of government, and of a multi-party system.
What are Brazil’s key laws?
Driving in Brazil
- Vehicles drive on the right.
- Seatbelts are compulsory for drivers and all passengers. …
- Brazil has strict drink driving laws and penalties are severe for driving with a blood alcohol level above zero.
- Mobile phones can only be used hands-free.
- It is illegal to run out of petrol.