What is the oldest landmark in South America?
|Cathedral Basilica of Lima||Lima||1535-1649|
|Colegio de Santa Cruz de Tlatelolco||Mexico City||1536|
|Monasterio de Santo Domingo||Guatemala City||1538|
|Santa Barbara Fortress||Trujillo||1550-1553|
What is famous about South America?
South America is home to the world’s highest uninterrupted waterfall, Angel Falls in Venezuela; the highest single drop waterfall Kaieteur Falls in Guyana; the largest river by volume, the Amazon River; the longest mountain range, the Andes (whose highest mountain is Aconcagua at 6,962 m or 22,841 ft); the driest non- …
Who is the most famous person in South America?
1. Paulo Coelho. Brazil-born Paulo Coelho is a lyricist and novelist who has become one of the most widely read authors in the world, and one of the most famous Latin Americans today.
What is South America best known for?
These fun facts about South America will give you a glimpse into a continent steeped in natural beauty and culture
- #1 The world’s second-largest swimming pool.
- #2 No doorbells in Paraguay.
- #3 The world’s longest mountain range.
- #4 The world’s largest salt flat.
- #5 12 countries but hundreds of languages.
How old is the oldest building in America?
A team of researchers reports today the discovery of the oldest reliably dated human-made structure in North America, a 5,400-year-old earthen mound at Watson Brake, La., that is almost 2,000 years older than nearby sites.
Why is South America so special?
South America is a continent of extremes. It is home to the world’s largest river (the Amazon) as well as the world’s driest place (the Atacama Desert). With an unparalleled number of plant and animal species, South America’s rich biodiversity is unique among the world’s continents. …
Which country is best in South America?
Safest Countries in South America: Ranked
- Venezuela. Venezuela for a long time has had the reputation of being one of the most physically beautiful and culturally warm countries in all of South America. …
- Colombia. …
- Guyana. …
- Brazil. …
- Suriname. …
- Peru. …
- French Guiana. …