Does Ecuador get cold?
Seasons in Ecuador have nothing to do with temperature – instead there is a dry season and a wet season. In Ecuador, the winter season is hot and wet, and the summer is dry and cold. … Most of Ecuador has mild temperatures year-round. In the highlands of the Andes, the temperatures are usually cooler.
What are the coldest months in Ecuador?
The coldest month is September with an average maximum temperature of 21°C (69°F). April is the most wet month. This month should be avoided if you are not a big fan of rain. July is the driest month.
What is the weather like in Ecuador during the winter?
The average temperature ranges from 26 °C (79 °F) in the Southern Hemisphere’s summer (December-January) to 23 °C (73 °F) in winter (with July as the coolest month). Relative humidity is constantly high and makes the heat sweltering.
What is the best month to go to Ecuador?
The coast has the most clearly defined wet and dry seasons, and the best time to visit is from December to April, when frequent showers alternate with clear blue skies and temperatures stay high. From May to November it’s often overcast and relatively cool, especially in the south, with less chance of rainfall.
What food is popular in Ecuador?
Ecuador Food and Drink
- Cuy: Roast guinea pig.
- Locro: Soup of potatoes, corn, cheese and avocado.
- Empanadas: Corn pasties stuffed with meat, cheese or vegetables.
- Llapingachos: Cheesy potato cakes.
- Seco de chivo: Goat stew usually served on special occasions.
- Ceviche: Raw seafood ‘cooked’ in lime and chilli.
Is Ecuador the hottest country in the world?
The ten hottest countries in the world are: Burkina Faso. Mali. Kiribati.
Hottest Countries In The World 2021.
|Country||Average Yearly Temperature (°C)||Average Yearly Temperature (°F)|
What are 5 interesting facts about Ecuador?
Ecuador Facts: 10 Fascinating Things You Didn’t Know
- Ecuador means “equator” in Spanish. …
- Yasuni Park is one of the most bio-diverse places on the planet. …
- The Galapagos Islands inspired the Theory of Evolution. …
- Chocolate has a long history in Ecuador. …
- Ecuador is where to find orchid flowers.