What is the purpose of Carnival?
Carnival is a festival that happens over a few days, usually just before Lent, in February or March. Because traditionally many people go on a fast during Lent, giving up meat, sugar or other foods and drink, carnival is an opportunity to enjoy these treats for the last time.
Who has the best carnival in the world?
10 best carnivals in the world that you must see
- Carnival of Ivrea, Italy.
- Carnival of Viareggio, Italy.
- Carnival of Venice, Italy.
- Carnival of Las Palmas de Gran Canaria.
- Carnival of Binche, Belgium.
- Carnival of Oruro, Bolivia.
- Carnival of Trinidad and Tobago.
- Mardi Gras in New Orleans, United States.