Who is the most famous person from Ecuador?
Famous people from Ecuador
- Christian Benítez. Soccer. …
- Rafael Correa. Politician. …
- Antonio Valencia. Soccer. …
- Mike Judge. Animator. …
- Atahualpa. Deceased Person. …
- Andrés Gómez. Tennis Tournament Champion. …
- Jefferson Montero. Soccer Midfielder. …
- Felipe Caicedo. Soccer Midfielder.
Where do most Ecuadorians live in USA?
States with highest Ecuadorian population
- New York – 228,216 (1.2% of state population)
- New Jersey – 100,480 (1.1% of state population)
- Florida – 60,574 (0.3% of state population)
- California – 35,570 (0.1% of state population)
- Connecticut – 23,677 (0.7% of state population)
- Illinois – 22,816 (0.2% of state population)
What food is eaten in Ecuador?
Ecuador Food and Drink
- Cuy: Roast guinea pig.
- Locro: Soup of potatoes, corn, cheese and avocado.
- Empanadas: Corn pasties stuffed with meat, cheese or vegetables.
- Llapingachos: Cheesy potato cakes.
- Seco de chivo: Goat stew usually served on special occasions.
- Ceviche: Raw seafood ‘cooked’ in lime and chilli.
What type of art is popular in Ecuador?
Ecuador has a rich tradition of folk art. Quito was a colonial centre of wood carving and painting, and artisans still produce replicas of the masterpieces of the Quito school.
What two sports do many tourists practice in Ecuador?
Sports in Ecuador influence the culture and its people. Football is the most popular sport, followed by baseball, volleyball, basketball, and tennis. Since 2005, Ecuador has been greatly involved in sports and hosted the Guayaquil Marathon in Ecuador’s largest city.
Is Ecuador a safe country?
The short answer is YES, Ecuador is safe, as long as you take proper care. Ecuador is as safe as most other developing countries, and cities like Quito to be as safe as most major cities in the world, but with the general proviso that you should always travel with care and common sense, and be streetwise.
What are 5 interesting facts about Ecuador?
Ecuador Facts: 10 Fascinating Things You Didn’t Know
- Ecuador means “equator” in Spanish. …
- Yasuni Park is one of the most bio-diverse places on the planet. …
- The Galapagos Islands inspired the Theory of Evolution. …
- Chocolate has a long history in Ecuador. …
- Ecuador is where to find orchid flowers.