Do lions live in Ecuador?
Mammals – The most notable mammals in the Galapagos Islands are the sea lions and fur seals that can be seen lazing in the sun on most beaches or playfully flitting through the clear waters.
Where can you see wildlife in Ecuador?
Ecuador’s Top Five Wildlife Wonders
- The Amazon Jungle. No visit to South America is complete without a trip to the Amazon jungle where time seems to have stood still. …
- The Galápagos Islands. …
- The Cloudforest Around Mindo. …
- Manabi. …
- Cotopaxi National Park. …
- Related Travel Guide.
Are there big cats in Ecuador?
Of particularly attention is the critically endangered subspecies of jaguar (Panthera onca centralis) from the Ecuadorian coast. Despite this species is the largest cat in Ecuador’s coastal tropical forests and demanding large territories to survive, little is known about its population and conservation status.
What food is popular in Ecuador?
Ecuador Food and Drink
- Cuy: Roast guinea pig.
- Locro: Soup of potatoes, corn, cheese and avocado.
- Empanadas: Corn pasties stuffed with meat, cheese or vegetables.
- Llapingachos: Cheesy potato cakes.
- Seco de chivo: Goat stew usually served on special occasions.
- Ceviche: Raw seafood ‘cooked’ in lime and chilli.