What bodies of water are in Latin America?
Terms in this set (7)
- Brazil. Atlantic Ocean.
- Argentina. Caribbean.
- Peru. Pacific Ocean.
- Mexico. Lake Titicaca.
- Cuba. Amazon River.
- Chile. Orinoco River.
- Venezuela. Rio de la plata.
What body of water lies to the west of Latin America?
Latin America Map Activity Tag Adv
|This body of water lies to the west of Latin America.||Pacific Ocean|
|This mountain range is along the western side of Mexico.||Sierra Madre Occidental|
|This mountain range is along the eastern side of Mexico.||Sierra Madre Oriental|
Why is South America called Latin America?
The region consists of people who speak Spanish, Portuguese and French. These languages (together with Italian and Romanian) developed from Latin during the days of the Roman Empire and the Europeans who speak them are sometimes called ‘Latin’ people. Hence the term Latin America.
What are the 5 major rivers in South America?
Terms in this set (11)
- Amazon River. A major South American river. …
- Rio Sao Francisco. A river in Brazil, which originates in the state of Minas Gerais. …
- Madeira River. A Brazilian River in South America. …
- Magdalena River. The principal river of Colombia in South America. …
- Negro River. …
- River Paraguay. …
- Rio Tocantins. …
- Ucayali River.
What are some environmental issues in Latin America?
4 environmental rights issues to follow in Latin America
- Deforestation in the Amazon. In the early 2000s, Brazil managed to drastically reduce forest clearances in the Amazon rainforest, but the rate of deforestation now appears to be rising again. …
- Palm oil production. …
- Hydroelectric dams. …
- Illegal mining.
How does water pollution affect Latin America?
One third of Latin American and Caribbean water is polluted due to the lack of sewage treatment. … Water pollution is a real threat to public health, food security, and economy; it also increases inequalities and affects mostly the poor, women, and children.