What were the similarities between the two governments in Chile and Poland?
The similarities were:-• The people could not choose or change their rulers. There was freedom of expression. People could not form political associations. People were not permitted to organize protests or initiate political action.
Is Chile a democracy?
Chile’s government is a representative democratic republic, whereby the President of Chile is both head of state and head of government, and of a formal multi-party system. … The Constitution of Chile was approved in a national plebiscite in September 1980, under the military dictatorship of Augusto Pinochet.
What is military coup Class 9 civics?
Answer: A coup is the sudden overthrow of a government illegally, it may or may not be violent in nature’. … The military coup took place under General Augusto Pinochet. Salvador Allende’s government, that was elected by people, was overthrown by the military, through conspiracy and violence.
What are the arguments of democracy?
(i) A democratic government is a better government because it is a more accountable form of government. (ii) Democracy improves the quality of decision-making. (iii) Democracy provides methods to deal with differences and conflicts. (iv) Democracy enhances the dignity of citizens.
How did democracy restored in Chile?
The preparation for the transition began within the dictatorship itself when a Constitution establishing a transition itinerary was approved in a plebiscite. From March 11, 1981 to March 1990, several organic constitutional laws were approved, leading to the final restoration of democracy.
Why is strike Class 9 Illegal?
Answer: The strike was illegal because in Poland, as being a communist state trade unions independent of the ruling party were not allowed.
Who led the military coup in Chile in 1973 Class 9?
On 11 September 1973, after an extended period of social unrest and political tension between the opposition-controlled Congress and the socialist President, as well as economic war ordered by U.S. President Richard Nixon, a group of military officers led by General Augusto Pinochet seized power in a coup, ending …
What is Referendum class 9th?
Class 9th. Answer : A Referendum is ‘a direct vote in which the people are asked to either accept or reject a particular proposal. This may be adoption of a new constitution, a law or a specific governmental policy. ‘
What are the three arguments against democracy?
State three arguments against democracy ?
- Leaders keep changing in a democracy. This leads to political instability.
- Democracy is all about political competition and power play. There is no scope for morality.
- So many people have to be consulted in a democracy.It leads to political instability.
What are the five arguments of democracy?
Write any five arguments in favour of democracy?
- More Accountability from Democratic Government. …
- Improved Decision Making Qualities. …
- Democracy provides a method to deal with differences and conflicts. …
- Democracy enhances the dignity of citizens.
What are the major arguments against democracy?
Arguments against democracy are listed below.
- Changes in leaders contribute to instability.
- Just political conflict, no place for morality.
- Consulting more individuals contributes to delays.
- Ordinary people are unaware of what’s good for them.
- Contributes to corruption.